August 2016 Income and Traffic Report
First things first, I am shocked at how much you guys like my post last month, How I made $9.69 in my 3rd Month of Blogging. I was not entirely sure it made sense to do an income report so early in this blog’s existence. But I was also incredibly impressed that I actually saw some profit so early in the game. (I mean… you don’t actually get a check from Adsense until you make $100 but I will count the win nonetheless.)
As far as my follower goals went this month – I killed it, y’all. I chalkboard method’ed the hell out of what I wanted my social media following to be going into September and I made it happen! My traffic was lower this month but I was anticipating that. Nothing went viral but I did keep steady traffic throughout the month so I am pleased.
Sadly, I did not necessarily meet all the goals I set for the month for myself and what I would produce, content-wise. I was working a ton and it was the end of summer so I was trying to enjoy my social time. So I flopped a little on what I was going to say I would do… But you know what? There’s always next month!
August 2016 Income Report
This month, I started using shareasale.com to integrate some affiliate links in my posts in hopes of seeing a profit. I shared How to Avoid Self Doubt late in the month with my very first affiliate link. I am hopeful that I will be earning some money from affiliate income soon enough!
Google Adsense: $14.14
Sponsored Post: $59.20
Net Income: $73.34
That’s right homies, I did not run a deficit this month! To be fair, I paid for my hosting and Pinterest scheduling as a lump sum so, while I am benefiting from the expense, I do not actually shell out dough every month.
I am including the cost of the item I was provided with to review for a sponsored post as a part of my income. I think it’s only fair!
This past month, my site had a total of 4,468 Views with 3,710 individual visitors. As I said, this is down from last month but it is much more steady than July was. I also saw an increase in comments and sharing on pinterest and twitter so growth is looking good!
Social Media Report
- Facebook: 316 Followers (+103)
- Twitter: 263 Followers (+71)
- Pinterest: 251 Followers (+121)
- Newletter: 70 Subscribers (+26)
Last month, I smashed my follower goals and gained way more than expected. It’s awesome! I am completely confident I can duplicate that success for this upcoming month. I am including some other goals to grow my blog as well.
- Facebook: 400 Followers
- Twitter: 325 Followers
- Pinterest: 350 Followers
- Newsletter: 100 Subscribers
- Schedule 10 social posts a day. As it stands, I am really struggling to make regular posts to facebook and twitter which is hindering my success. I am aiming to schedule five Facebook posts and 5 tweets every day.
- Ask 10 Bloggers to guest post. I have a nice little list of bloggers I admire that focus on topics that would work well on With Some Certainty. This month, I am going to email at least 10 of them and see if they are interested in collaborating.
- Send out 2 newsletters in September. So far, I have not done much with the subscribers I have gained. This month I want to send out two newsletters and see the outcome!